Thursday, November 4, 2010

Glorification Day 5

Wow, where did the week go?  I'm sure you are too busy with activities, kleenex, and sleep to notice that the week is almost over.  The weekend is coming. Yay!  It is when our hearts say, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Life is good."

There are times in my life when I just stop and look out the window and meditate on my life.  I think about where I am and where I've been.  I think about my wife and kids and what life might have been like without them.  Then I thank God for my wife and kids because they have made so much of my life worth living, second to Jesus.  I have so much because of them.  It's in that moment I find my soul saying, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Life is good."  Then the phone rings and I'm back to reality.

Have you had moments like that?  For me, I want more moments where my soul says, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Life is good."  It helps me during the tough times to keep moving forward.

Some day we will say every day, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, life is good."  That day is the day we leave this earth and spend eternity with the Savior. 

We've talked all week about Glorification.  It is God's gift to you and me when we get to heaven.  It is when we will say everyday, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Life is good."

But we are not there yet.  Every week we work hard and take a breath every weekend. The week builds up excitement for what is to come on the weekend. 

We live this life everyday and we can't wait for the moment we get to heaven where we say, "Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Life is good."  In the here and now, that is what the week does for us.  This life is a build up of anticipation of what is to come.  We live in the here and now, in view of over there.  How are you living in the here and now?

Read what Jesus has to say about living today in light of what is to come in Luke 21:5-36 or click to view http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+21%3A5-36&version=NIV (Click back arrow on your browser to return here)

The Time is coming of His return but until then we are to live with a watchful heart and a praying heart.  What is He trying say?  We should do our work in light of His return.  We should live with our bags packed because we don't know if it is today or tomorrow.

As you walk this earth, keep looking up.

As you close:  Pray for God to keep your eyes open to His return.  Pray for God to help you work hard and to do your best but always be looking up. 

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment