Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Glorification Day 4

How are you today? Did you sleep well?  Did you eat your breakfast?  Did you vote yesterday?

I voted and I am glad I did.  I watched the results and at the conclusion, I looked to God and said, "Okay, I did my part. Now you do yours."  I know He will do His part. He always does.  I have no idea what will happen tomorrow or even today.  I will have to trust Him.  All I know is that I long for a better place.

That is what we are talking about today.  A perfect place awaits us. 

We've talked about a perfect spirit that won't struggle with sin and a perfect body that will never break down and die.  The final part of this gift of glorification is a perfect place.

Jesus said in John 14:1-3 that He is going to prepare a place for us.  Once He's completed it, He will come and get us and take us home.  But what will this place be like?

There are three thoughts that I would like for you to think about:
1.  God will be there.  Revelation 21:3 says that God will dwell with His people.  We get to look forward to being with God forever.
2.  Others will be there.  Revelation 22:3-4 says that we will serve Him with many others.  The others are those who have given their hearts to Jesus.  We will see family and friends that have given their hearts to Jesus in this perfect place.
3.  It will be here on earth, remade of course, forever.  Revelation 21:2 says that this city that Jesus is preparing will come down to earth and we will live with Him forever.  It will be Eden all over again.

Can you imagine that?  A perfect place awaits us.  Like the garden of Eden.  Take a minute and reread Genesis 2:4-25 or click to view http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+2%3A4-25&version=NIV (Click back arrow on your browser to return here)

No more weeds. No more rotten food.  No more flowers wilting.  No more homes breaking down.  Everything is peaceful, beautiful and something to be enjoyed.  I can't wait can you?

God will give us a perfect spirit, a perfect body and now a perfect place to be with Him and other family and friends forever. 

As you close:  Take a minute and thank God for the perfect place that is waiting for us in heaven.  It is a beauty that is unimaginable at this moment but someday we will realize it. 

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment