Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sanctification - Day 1

Last Sunday we talked about Sanctification.  The word means, to take something of value and set it apart being regarded as holy and sacred.

What I want you to consider today is that God sees you as valuable.

As a young boy, I struggled to find any thing of value in myself.  I was athletic. I was friendly. I was compassionate. But, I didn't feel valuable.  Why?  If you were to look at my life, you would find that I had everything that I needed.  I had a comfortable home.  I had good food.  I had clothes on my body.  So why didn't I feel valuable?

I never knew if my dad loved me.  My dad did and still does love me.  I just never heard those words from him.  It's funny how saying those words can mean so much and the neglect of saying those words can have an even greater impact.  I felt like I was worthless.  I grew up trying to impress, trying to be admired, trying to be loved.  Not just by anyone, but by my dad. 

It was my senior year of high school and I felt a prompting from the Lord.  He knew exactly what I needed and he was going to meet my need that night.  God whispered in my ear that I needed to thank my parents for everything they had done for me and to tell them that I loved them.  I found my mom and hugged her and spoke those words into her ear.  Then I found my dad and he said something I will never forget.  He said, "I know I don't tell you this very much, but I love you and I am proud of you." 

That night I felt love from my father and I felt valuable.

God the father wants you to know that He is whispering in your ear, "I love you.  I always have.  I always will. You are valuable to me."

Read about God's love for you in Luke 15:11-32 or click to view  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+15%3A11-32&version=NIV (Click back arrow on your browser to return here)

Say these words out loud, "I am loved by my Father in Heaven and I am valuable to Him."

As you close:  Pray and thank God for His love for you and thank Him that He values you.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment