Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fully Surrender:Moses - Day 2

Something I really enjoy as a pastor is when parents dedicate their children to the Lord.  During a child dedication service, parents put together photographs of the child who is being dedicated.  After the picture presentation, I have the privilege of speaking with the parents.  They tell the rest of us what this child means to them and then promise to raise this child to hear about God's love through Jesus.  Then I get to pray for them.  I really love those moments.

But one thing is true, that child will still have to make a decision to fully surrender to Jesus on their own.  Even though they are being dedicated to the Lord, doesn't mean they automatically surrender to Jesus.  There will come a time when the decision to fully surrender will sit before them and they will have to make a decision.

Moses was dedicated to the Lord but Moses would still have to make a choice in fully surrendering to Him. 

Read about Moses' personal surrender in Exodus 3 or click to view http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+3&version=NIV (Click on back arrow on web browser to return)

God wanted to reveal His glory through Moses and Moses would have to make a decision on being fully surrendered or not.  It was up to him.  Moses does come to the place where he fully surrenders.  He still has his doubts.  He's afraid that he's not much use to the Lord.  He doesn't talk well enough.  Not smart enough. But God tells Him that He will be with him.  Moses will not be alone.  God will be there right beside him.  He even has Aaron join him on the adventure.

You see, you have nothing to be afraid of.  God will be with you wherever He leads you.  He even provides a friend to help.  How many times do we count on our friends to help us get through something?  Many times. 

I pray that I won't let the doubts in my mind distract me from being used by God to reveal His glory.  I hope you won't let those doubts do the same to you.

Plus, I pray that my heart is fully surrendered, each and every day.  I hope my children, though they have been dedicated to the Lord, will fully surrender too.

You have nothing to lose when you fully surrender to Jesus.  Actually, you have much to gain.  We would be fools not to take this offer.  Surrender today.

As you close:  Pray that everyday, you can be used by God if He desires to reveal His glory through you that day.  If not, okay.  We wait for Him.  And Pray that your children, whom I'm sure you dedicated to the Lord, will daily fully surrender to Him.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment