Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fully Surrender:Esther - Day 2

Do you ever watch the Miss USA Pageant or something like it?  I don't because I really don't need to be looking at some other woman.  Are they beautiful? Yes.  Are they intelligent? Yes.  Do they want world peace? Yes; who doesn't?  You may find those pageants enjoyable and that's fine to feel that way.  Some find it degrading. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

For Esther, she found herself in a pageant.  The King wanted a new queen and wanted to have some options.  "I liked her answer to the third question, I choose her."  I don't know how it exactly took place but in the end the King chose Esther.

Read about in Esther 2:1-18 or click to view http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Esther+2%3A1-18&version=NIV (Click on back arrow of web browser to return)

Think about the scenario.  Esther is being raised by an uncle.  They are living in a foreign land.  Probably poor.  They may have something but probably not like what they could've had in Jerusalem.  Is there a mother figure in the home?  We don't know. She isn't recognized.  Most women in that culture weren't even educated.  Poor and uneducated, she is picked to be the next queen of the most powerful empire on the planet.  Life was looking up.  It would have been so easy to get lost in the pomp and circumstance of the day.  She might have even forgotten her previous circumstances and the people in her life.  The only question that begs to be asked is, "Why? Why her? Why now?"   

God works in mysterious ways.  Would you agree?  There are times when everything you touch turns to gold.  There are times that everything is going your way.  When I'm in moments like these, I ask myself, "God what are you prepping me for?  What are you about to do?  When is the other shoe going to drop?"

God is working on something great by putting a poor, uneducated girl, Esther, in a position of influence.  God doesn't care about gold and perfume.  He cares about you and me.  He cares about the heart.  He cares about what we will become.  God strategically does things, works in mysterious ways, to do a great work in and through us.  All to show His glory.

Esther could've take this pridefully.  She could've said, "I am beautiful.  It's about time someone figured that out."  She didn't do that.  We really don't know how she felt about it all.  Probably very overwhelmed.  But in that moment God whispers, "I about to do something great.  My glory is about to be revealed.  Can I reveal my glory through you?"

That is the question.  Can He reveal His glory through you?  Don't be mistaken.  You are where you are at, you have what you have, you know what you know as God intends.  All He wants to know is, "Can I reveal my glory through you? Are you fully surrendered?" 

As you close:  Do a gut check today.  Is your heart fully surrendered?  Or, are you so caught up in your own little pomp and circumstance to notice that God desires to show His glory through you?  Evaluate your heart and talk to God about your fully surrendering to Him today.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment