Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reconciliation - Day 4

I hope this week has helped you understand the power of reconciliation.  To see people reconcilied to God is an amazing thing and shows us just how loving God is.  He is the God of second chances. 

Last time we talked about being in this wonderful family of His, once we've been reconciled.  Today we will talk about the blessings of Him as our father.

When I think about fatherhood, immediately I think of my father.    An obvious observation is that he provided for me.  He provided a roof over my head.  He provided food on the table and clothes on my back. Those things are everyday needs and I am grateful he provided them.  Plus, my dad was always there at my sporting events.  Whenever I played baseball, football, wrestling and many other activities, he was there to support me.

What was your father like?  Take a moment and think about him.

When we believe in Jesus, the bible says that we are reconciled with God and become a part of His family.  He becomes our father.  What kind of a father is He? Take a look at Him as a father in the garden of Gethsemane.

Read John 17 or click to view  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+17&version=NIV  (Click back arrow on your browser to return here)

There are two major blessings I want you to see in this passage:
1.  He is a protector.   Jesus prays for the fathers' protection from the enemy for us.  And if Jesus feels it important to pray for our protection, don't you think we ought to too?  He is a protector.  He watches over us and nothing happens to us without His awareness.  That is an awesome thought.  Sometimes I wonder why God is allowing me to go through difficult moments, but that I should have hope knowing that He is aware that He is protecting me even when I don't realize it.

2.  He is a provider.  I see clearly that the father provides for our needs.  He took care of Jesus and He will take care of us.  Everything comes from Him and He deposits it into our lives so we can be taken care of.  He knows exactly what we need, when we need it, and why we need it.  Isn't that amazing?  He is a great provider.  Think back over your life and notice how God the Father has taken care of you. 

These are just two major ways we benefit from Him as our Father.  But in this family, we will make mistakes.  We will stumble and fall at times.  Will God forgive us or will He kick us out of His family because of our mistakes?  Tomorrow we will wrap up this week regarding God's forgiveness.

As you finish: Pray for Brighton IN.  Pray that God will help us to reach out and care for the people in our community.  Pray that many will come to know Jesus and become a part of this church family.  Pray for God to break our hearts with compassion for these families.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment