Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It wasn't our fault! We were framed!

It was family picture time.  One of my least favorite moments.  Trying to get everyone to look normal, smile and be looking in the same direction is next to impossible with my family.  Especially if a dog is involved.  But there we were, trying to make the impossible, possible.

We, meaning I, wanted to come up with a creative way to do our family picture so I jumped on Google.com and typed in "creative family photos."  Instantly, there were dozens, actually hundreds of families who had pursued the same creative goal with their family photos.  I had plenty to look at.

I've never liked to do the exact same thing that others have done, so I picked a few options that I liked and then we tweaked one.  Each person would hold a picture frame up so that it looked like we were all in a photo, in a photo.  I called it, "It wasn't our fault! We were framed!"  I thought it was funny.

Here is what we finished with.

It all worked out.  Everyone looked normal.  Everyone was smiling.  Everyone was looking forward, for the most part.  The dog actually made it in. Finished.  All done. 

But then as I looked at the family staring back at me, it hit me.  When did my family become this family?  When did my children grow up?  Tiffany hasn't changed from her beautiful self.  I still look amazing!  But my children; when did they grow up?  It was only yesterday that they were babies.  Time flies. 

This family picture reminded me that this family won't stay like this forever.  They are going to grow up, grow older and some day move out.  Shortly, they will be having family photos of their own.  So I better make sure that I learn the lessons.  Time is short and children grow up way too fast.  Enjoy the moment and treasure each other.  So, I've decided I'm going to enjoy every minute the Lord gives me.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment