Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Romans 15:30

"I have one request, dear friends: Pray for me. Pray strenuously with and for me-to God the Father, through the power of our Master Jesus, through the love of the spirit..." Romans 15:30

What does it mean to pray strenuously for someone?  Does it mean that you are praying more than you have ever prayed for them?  Does it mean that you are praying while doing jumping jacks?

Strenuous is defined as vigorous, active, energetic, and extreme effort.

I think Paul means that I should skip sleep or eating so that I can devote my energy to praying for someone.  I might even possibly skip out on a hobbie or sitting on the lawnmower so that I can pray for them. Devoted attention and energy given to prayer.

So, who are you praying for strenuously?  Pick a day this next week and pray for someone strenuously!
(Suggested Reading: Romans 15:23-33)

No comments:

Post a Comment