Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Personal Revival - Alright, I confess!

I need to confess a deep secret that I don't often share with people; I like to watch Star Trek.  There it is, I said it.  I like to see the goofy characters, similar set designs, and listen to the annoying sounds.  I'm addicted to watching it.  When I here the sound of the theme song...........Where was I?  Oh, when I hear the sound of the theme song......Sorry, I catch myself daydreaming about the show.

Wow, I can't believe I said this outloud.  I feel so much better.  It's like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

Is there anything you need to confess?  It's funny how freeing we feel when we confess those deep secrets that we keep.

We are learning about personal revival at our church and part of revival involves confession and repentance.  Confession is admitting to God the wrongs we've kept secret and repentance is about changing our behavior.

You may have some things deep in your heart and mind that you would never tell anyone.  You possibly wouldn't even tell God your secrets.  Those secrets will weigh you down and defeat you.  Why not confess them to God right now?  The Apostle John says in I John 1:9, (Click to view, http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+John+1%3A9&version=NIV) to confess our sins to God and when we do that, we find something of great value.  What do we find?

Forgiveness.  To be forgiven, is to feel free again.  To remove the weight from our shoulders. 

What do you need to confess to God right now?  Anything?  Confess it to Him right now.

Next entry we'll discuss repentance.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment