Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Love My Church - Day 3

Have you noticed how quickly certain things go out of fashion?  I was at the Outlet Mall the other day and saw the new lines for winter.  After looking at those styles and then reviewing mine, I concluded that I was out of fashion.  The fashion world moved on and I guess I stayed behind.

Things come and go in our world.  Few things really stand the test of time.  Aside from the basic necessities of life, there is one thing that has stood the test of time: the Church.

Those committed followers of Christ have stood the test of time.  People still gather, people still read the Bible, people still fellowship, people still prayer, etc.  While other things have come and gone, the church has remained.  Why?  Because Jesus said, "...I will build my church upon this rock and the gates of Hell will not stand against it."  What Jesus started 2000 years ago is still going strong. 

When Jesus left this earth and ascended to Heaven, the disciples could have just turned their backs and went home; they remained.  They remained faithful. Read about the beginning of the church in Acts 1 or click to view http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+1&version=NIV (Click back arrow on web browser to return).

Did you notice what happened?  They pressed on.  They replaced Judas and moved on.  Because they moved on and were faithful in following Jesus, we have the message, and the church body today.  This family has been together for over 2000 years and it doesn't go out of fashion.  Now some churches thrive and some take a dive but regardless, what Jesus started is still kicking.

Another reason why I love the church and I love my church family with it.

As you close:  Thank God for His guidance and protection over His church.  Ask God to move your heart towards love for the church family.  They will always be there for you. 

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment