Tuesday, December 7, 2010

HOPE - Healing for the brokenhearted - Day 2

I've noticed something.  Everyone is impacted by Christmas.  They may celebrate differently than me, but this season, this time of year revolves around Hope.  Everyone believes, to some degree, that life has got to get better than this.  The question is who will make it, life, better?

I have a tendency to snap at my family.  I don't know why.  I'm not stressed out.  I'm not under pressure.  I just snap at them.  I thought about it and realized that something needed to change.  So I decided I needed to change.  I needed to stop snapping at my family.  So off I go on this grand adventure.  Unfortunately, I drop the ball.  I fail.  I snap.  Back to the drawing board.

If I think I am going to make life better, I will find myself constantly disappointed.  It's not that I don't have a part to play in change, it's just that I, only me, can not make the changes necessary for life to be better.  There is only one person I can hope in.  His name is Jesus.

The people of Israel were in some pretty tough circumstances.  They were an oppressed people for hundreds of years.  They must have thought, "I need to have a positive attitude and things will get better."  "I just need to be nicer to that Roman guard who is beating me up. That will make life better."  No.  They knew if life was going to be better, it would come from one person; the Messiah.

Read about two people who were overcome with joy at the appearing of Jesus in Luke 2:21-38 or click to view  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+2%3A21-38&version=NIV  (Click back arrow on web browser to return)

Simeon and Anna were just thrilled to see the Savior of the World.  He is going to make things better.  He will make life more joyful.  It will be because of Him.

Who do you hope in to make life better?  We all hope better days are ahead.  We all hope for something great in the days to come.  We need to know who we Hope IN to see those good days.  Do you find your hope in your job? Family? Money? or Jesus?

As you close:  Take some time and tell Jesus that your hope for better days is in Him.  Ask for strength each day to find your hope in Him.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment