Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Condemnation - Day 4

So far we've talked about some pretty heavy stuff.  It appears that life under this "condemnation" is quite depressing.  Most of us can handle a little discouragement but we thrive on encouragment.  Is there anything encouraging about condemnation?  Is there any hope?

Paul tells us in Romans 8:1, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..."

The hope Paul is talking about is in Jesus Christ.  Jesus offers us encouragement to our dire situation.  He offers us hope that life doesn't have to stay the way that it is.  Jesus gives us a detour from the road we are traveling and a better detination to pursue. The condemnation over our lives can be lifted.

How do we get this "condemnation" status lifted?

Jesus says, "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." - John 3:18 NIV

The condemnation can be lifted when we choose to believe in him.  What does it really mean to believe? 

I can believe that something exists but I don't entrust my life to it.  I can say that I believe my purple hotrod that I drive will get me somewhere but until I actually get in the drivers seat, put the key in the egnition, I will not have acted on that belief.  That is the struggle between passive belief and active belief.

When we believe in Jesus, and that belief is considered active, we are saying that we need him to get to heaven.  We need him to get this condemnation lifted.  We can't do it.  We entrust our lives to him.  That is what Jesus is meaning when he says we need to believe in him.

Have you fully surrendered your life to Jesus?  Are you willing to follow him wherever he leads you?  Are you entrusting your life to him as if your life depended on it?

Read Mark 5:21-34 or click to view http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+5%3A21-34&version=NIV (Click back arrow on browser to return here)

This woman realized that there was no other way to be rescued. She needed Jesus.  All she needed to do was to touch His garment.  You and I can only have the "condemnation" status lifted when we fully surrender to Jesus, when we reach out to him.  Have you fully surrendered to him?

If not, pray this simple prayer: Dear Jesus, I fully surrender to you today.  I can't save myself from this condemnation.  But you can save me from it.  I believe in you as my savior and I fully surrender to you.  I entrust my life into your hands. In Jesus name, Amen.

To be fully surrendered to Jesus is to know the Hope that God has for everyone of us.  But what happens to us when we fully surrender?  Is there a change in us?  (Hint: John 3)

As you finish today: Pray for Pastor Rob and all his staff as they serve our youth and children.  He is such a great pastor and his staff is truly outstanding.  I believe God has great things in store for our youth and children's ministries.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment